First things first… I’m not a consultant. I’m Chris, and if I’m being completely honest, I’m here because I want to help you to be better at marketing.
I’ve been doing this stuff for a while now and people, mainly my customers and sometimes my mum, tell me I’m really good at it.
You might have some understanding about what marketing is or how it can benefit businesses as a whole…but we’re not talking about ANY business here, we’re talking about YOUR business.
So let’s talk about your business…
Let’s start with the problem…
Here’s a list of problems I solve everyday. See if you can find yours:
- Our company needs to have a better online presence and I don’t know where to start with digital marketing
- I want our company to embrace social media but I don’t know where to start
- I’ve heard that we should have a blog on our website, but I don’t really understand how that will get us customers
- We are already blogging but it doesn’t seem to be working
- Our company has tried many different things but we don’t know what’s working and what isn’t
- We’re doing a lot of different things, but it’s not joined up. In fact it’s all over the place
- Our company is spending too much money on Google Adwords and PPC and we think there’s a better way to get customers
- I feel like our SEO company isn’t getting the results we are looking for
- I’ve heard of content marketing, but I don’t really know what it is or where to start
- We know a little about content marketing and we’d like to take it to the next level
- I don’t think our website is performing the way it should and we need advice and guidance
- Our team needs to be trained on content marketing
How do I solve these problems?
I am the Founder of the Content Marketing Academy. It is the UK’s leading Content Marketing Membership Community. At CMA we focus specifically on teaching the principles of content marketing to change the way businesses communicate forever.
Our philosophy is really straight forward. We’re not a ‘marketing agency’, in other words, we don’t do all the work for you. We teach you how to do it, how to make ‘it’ work for you and your organisation.
We believe that the best way for organisations to succeed with marketing is to embed a culture of marketing into their team.
What do I do best?
Generally speaking, every project is about problem solving, decision making, planning, and execution.
It’s my job to guide you through this process, and I do that in a few different ways:
- I work closely with Senior Management on a 1:1 basis and/or in small groups
- I work with your team to educate, inspire and motivate them to help achieve the business goals
- I coach individuals and teams on: speaking, presentation, personal branding, writing, video production, website development, blogging, live broadcasting and social media
I also come prepared with expensive whiteboard pens, flip-chart paper and Post It notes for idea generation, brainstorming and planning sessions.
There are so many facets to marketing, and there’s no way I can do everything myself. I’m a firm believer in seeking the best kind of help.
A big part of my role is seeking and curating talent.
Over the years I’ve worked with the good and the bad, and I have a hand picked circle of professionals to help deliver on projects. This includes SEO, Branding, Video Production, Website Development, PPC, Google Adwords, Email Marketing and Copywriting.
I will introduce these elements into the project as required.
How does it work?
There are two important steps in how I work with organisations.
Step 1: The Workshop
The first thing I will do is visit you at your premises and facilitate a workshop with your senior team.
Directors, Board Members, Customer Service representatives, Sales, Marketing, and anyone else deemed to be important from the beginning of the project.
The workshop is really important for a number of reasons:
- Gives us an opportunity to figure each other out
- Gets everyone on the same page very quickly and from the start
- I get to meet the whole team and quickly build a trusting relationship
- We can spot the gaps and opportunities and identify quick wins
- I can get a feel for the current culture of the organisation
- I can gauge how much help you need very early on
The sets the scene for everything we do next.
The workshop is priced separately from any on-going or retained project work. Why?
- Minimise the financial risk – a workshop is a one off cost with no obligation for a longer term relationship. Afterwards, we can decide how you want to take things forward.
- We’re not jumping into long term relationship – you and I have the opportunity to get your head around how we both work and how it will impact your organisation.
Full day workshop price: Starting from £3000 +VAT
(Price varies depending on team size and location)
Step 2: Implementation
Once the workshop is done and out the way, then we can move on to getting stuff done.
And I mean that, we’re not talking about creating a 50 page document that takes 3 months on things we could do. I’m talking about actually getting on with it. Hands on, and developing our strategy as we grow and develop together.
I’ll devise a plan based on the outcomes of the workshop and I’ll propose to you exactly what we need to do for the next 6 months to ensure that your marketing works for you and your business.
Within that plan, I’ll let you know exactly what I think about how much time I should be spending with you. Whether I need to be there in person or whether I can review from a distance.
Pricing is based on a minimum of 6 months – this is the absolute minimum amount of time it takes to embed a marketing philosophy into your organisation, and we should be prepared for longer.
£1000 +VAT per day (local)
£2000 +VAT per day (national)
(Pricing will vary based on type of travel, travel distance/time, and accommodation)
Why I’m maybe not for you
© ASM Media & PR
It’s okay, it happens. People often have different ideas from me about how businesses should grow and how marketing should be done.
I’m not like other marketing people that you may have met before. I wear Diesel Jeans, Nike Trainers, and Johnny Cupcake T-Shirts. I have tattoos, listen to shouty music and I love my New Era 59Fifty Caps. Oh, and I have a beard.
I hope we like each other and I want our work together to be successful. So, with all that in mind, please don’t ask me:
- To do all of the work for you so you can forget about it. We’re going to work together on this.
- For a ‘silver bullet’ solution to your problems and challenges. This is reality.
- To change things dramatically overnight. We need to be realistic in our expectations about what we can achieve.
- Pay for equipment, tools and software to improve your marketing. That’s something you should be prepared to do.
Also, the whole project could potentially go down the toilet if:
- You and your team aren’t willing to learn about content marketing, sales and how to improve communication in the organisation
- You aren’t prepared to hire new staff for your marketing and sales department
- You aren’t willing to try new things and take managed risks
- You aren’t prepared for things to not work out exactly as planned the first time
- You aren’t willing to involve your team and give them autonomy for marketing
I hate to go on, but when there’s not a fit, we can get some serious problems, such as:
- Project scope creep – everything takes longer and costs more
- Resistance from you and your team – results taking longer to achieve
- People get frustrated and stressed
Therefore we have to make sure that everyone’s expectations are set correctly from the start, and that we agree on exactly how we will communicate while we are working together.
It will all work out well if you want to change, and you understand that change takes time, effort and patience.
We know we can help you, and we want to make sure everything gets off on the right foot.
The next step…
Hopefully you’ll have a good feeling about this and you are now ready to get moving,
The first thing we need to do is set up a date a time for our first workshop with your team.
Contact me at email@example.com and let’s get this party started!