The most common questions I get asked are: “What is content marketing?” or “How would you define content marketing?”
To be clear, I’m not complaining…it doesn’t get old, I want to answer these questions.
But why do I still have to answer these questions?
Because most people don’t know and understand what content marketing is. Business owners and marketers still have a challenge with this.
Content marketing is misunderstood, and therefore people are misguided when it comes to how they learn, implement and ultimately get results from content marketing.
This often leads to problems such as:
- We’re doing content marketing but we aren’t getting any sales
- How do we use content marketing to increase sales in our company?
- Does content marketing actually lead to sales?
This article comes from a source of frustration, but it has pushed me to set the record straight once and for all and draw a line in the sand.
Let’s lay it out, in simple terms, not only what content marketing is, but why it’s important for your business to invest time and effort into learning and implementing the principles of content marketing.
- Changing consumer behaviour and consumer psychology
- The Zero Moment of Truth
- How consumers use ‘big 5’ content to make buying decisions
- Marcus Sheridan’s ‘They Ask You Answer’ philosophy
- Marcus Sheridan’s The ‘Big 5’ methodology
- World Class examples of each of the Big 5 content categories
- How to embrace The Big 5 and They Ask You Answer
- How this all leads to sales and profits for your business
If you want to grow your business and make more sales from content marketing, then please read on and share this with your business and marketing friends.
After reading this article it’s my hope you will leave with the urge to not only learn more, but want to produce the best content you can for your prospects and customers.
I want you to be happy and successful, and I want you to fully embrace content marketing.
If you’d prefer to listen, press play on these two audio sessions. Part 1 covers the change in consumer behaviour and why we must embrace content marketing. Part 2 covers the structure and methodology of how to do content marketing and get results. Both parts compliment this article.
How does content marketing lead to sales – Part 1
How does content marketing lead to sales – Part 2
Listen and subscribe on: iTunes | Stitcher | Soundcloud
Continue reading →